Additional Information – Data Logger
The data-logger can collect samples at a constant rate of 10 per second (10Hz), although this can be decreased by the user if required. If an impact or rollover is detected, the previous 4 seconds and subsequent 2 seconds of accelerometer data will also be stored at 200Hz to allow for incident re-creation.
Additional monitoring features include:
- Position, speed
- Pitch, roll, road condition
- Supply voltage monitoring
- Optional CAN (OBD or J1939 message logging)
- 2 x Analog inputs (0-36V)
- 4 x Digital inputs (threshold ½ supply)
- 2 x Frequency inputs
All data collected is stored to a secure SD-card in a separate file for each day. Files are erased after 30 days. The data format is such that it can be ready by most popular spreadsheet programs on a standard computer.
Data can also optionally be downloaded via serial or RF (an additional PC modem will be required to use the RF download option).
A serial or RF interface optionally allows users to configure parameters such as overspeed thresholds, pitch and roll incident levels and accident thresholds. Additionally, other parameters such as sample rate can be configured remotely.
An internal buzzer and optional LEDs provide status information to the user. LED 1 flashing or a single beep every 30 seconds indicates loss of GPS lock. Three beeps indicates that the SD card is not functional.
Other outputs are available for overspeed and tilt warnings.
The data-logger is provided in a watertight enclosure with a Deutsch plug for interface and power. Provision for screw mounting when required is provided.
The unit should be mounted horizontally with the screw mounting plate down and the cable to the rear of the vehicle.
A magnetic mount antenna is supplied as standard. Other antenna types are available on request.
- Pitch and roll accuracy: 1 degree when unit static; cornering will affect the pith and roll values
- Accelerometer: +-16G maximum measurement range, 3 axis, samples at 250Hz
- GPS specification: 50 channel receiver, 10 updates per second
- Position accuracy: 2.5m under good signal conditions
- Speed accuracy: 0.5km/h
- Voltage accuracy: +-5% within the range 0V to 32V
- Input voltage: 9V to 36V
- Operating current: Typical 0.20A at 12V and 0.15A at 24V
- Outputs: Maximum 250mA, internally limited with resettable fuse
- Dimensions: Width 100mm, length 127mm, height 35mm
- Connectors: Deutsch DTM, 12 way
- GPS antenna: Magnetic mount, SMA male, gold plated
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Storage temperature: -55°C to +105°C
- Humidity: 5% to 95% R.H. non condensing at 60°C